Sunday, April 10, 2011

Using Dog Clothes as A Socialization Tool

I have a confession to make: I used to think that dog clothes were absolutely ridiculous.  I would see the dogs with their shirts and sweaters and those dorky shoes and the whole thing, and I would laugh to myself about how insane the owners must be to dress their dogs up like that.  

Maybe it was just part of being young and hating the world in general, or maybe it was my deep affection for dogs that grew, or likely both, but I've changed my mind about those crazy dog clothes.  Today, I'm almost in love with the t-shirts and coats for dogs, and all those other cute little outfits and costumes we dress our pooches up in!  

What I didn't realize until recently was the usefulness of dog clothes as a training tool, to help with a young dog's socialization with people.  I've been using dog clothes on my chihuahuas for a long time and this never dawned on me until just recently, as I dress my little dogs up to keep them warm, but their cute outfits actually help them out by drawing a lot of attention from passers by!  And this helps to keep them the very social chihuahuas that they are!

Media_httpwwwbellapar_xycyc

No comments:

Post a Comment